One of the questions I get most often from interior designers who are interested in getting press is:
Where do I even start?
Let me take you back to the very basics because, as you may know, I believe that the magic bullet for smashing PR success is going back to fundamentals, doing them well, and doing them consistently. Here are the three areas you want to focus on and some practical tips to get started.
- Have a website that reflects your brand and has all the info a journalist would need: Who you are, what you do, where you are, projects, press, contact.
- Have a social media presence that’s aligned with your website and brand. Be active, share about yourself & your work.
- Media coverage isn’t just going to happen. At least, it’s highly unlikely.
- Connect on social media
- Follow editors and freelancers on social, interact and engage with them. Respectfully!
- Generally, pitch your stories/projects to them via email. Only...